SPUG:YAPC Wiki Site

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Sun Jul 6 00:51:14 CDT 2003

Michael R. Wolf <MichaelRunningWolf at att.net> writes:

> SPUG-list-owner <tim at consultix-inc.com> writes:

>>> And how. I've got a couple internal Kwiki's already set up (I also have
>>> Debian woody packages built if anyone is interested). It's a sweet package
>>> and the sky's the limit how where it can go from here.
>>>
>>>   http://www.kwiki.org/
>>> --
>>> Andrew B. Sweger
>>
>> Any ideas on how we could use a wiki for SPUGly purposes?
>
> [[Preface -- I know this is a tangent to the original post. Please
> bear with me and reply to my points, not my divergence from the
> original point.]]
>
> Call me old fashioned, but I have a *strong* preference for
> discussions to continue via email or news.

[...]

It's been a long time since I threw this comment into the the thread.
I just got a chance to review the continued discussion, and would like
to thank everyone for some added perspective on the place a Wiki holds
in the digital ecosystem. Thanks especially to those who I may have
(inadvertantly) rubbed the wrong way. I can see that my comments could
have been taken differently, but they truly were based on wanting to
learn some more. I did.

In fact, the discussion had me consider creating a Wiki for a recent
1-week collaborative job I worked with folks in 7 different states.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael R. Wolf