SPUG:~damian/bin scripts.

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Jan 21 15:54:11 CST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Asim Jalis wrote:

> I missed Damian's talk as I have class on Wednesday nights (woe is
> me). Each message I read about it makes me more miserable. Is there a
> way out of this torture?

Setup a procmail filter to /dev/null messages with "~damian/bin" in the
subject. This should help reduce some of your misery. ;)

> Did someone take notes?

Yes. See other postings.

> Are the contents of the bin directory available somewhere?

Yes. On Damian's iBook in ~damian/bin/. (sorry) A public release will come
someday as Damian's time permits. But people will be posting their own
implementations based on the concepts presented by Damian. Naturally, the
concepts are all we really need (TIMTOWTDI).

> Is this talk going to be given again?

I hope so. It cracked me up seeing Damian's trademark presentation color
and style in vi in a terminal window. Effing brilliant use of the tools
available.

> Does anyone remember what kinds of things the scripts did?

It's all a foggy memory to me now, like some opiate induced dream.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.