SPUG:Question from Damian's talk on embedded code in regex

Chuck Langenberg SeattlePerlFJ92 at Langenberg.Com
Sun Jan 19 12:45:30 CST 2003

Does anybody know for "sure" if there's a 3rd edition of "Mastering
Regular Expressions" by Friedl on the horizon? I've been spoofed
before & I'm not interested in cleaning out any more old inventory.

I took notes when Damian recommended Jeff Friedl's book, and he
specifically mentioned the "Third Edition".

OReilly.Com lists the 2nd Edition. And Amazon only lists the 2nd
edition when you search for "Regular Expressions".

Search Amazon for ISBN# 1565922573 and they return:
Mastering Regular Expressions, Friedl, 1st edition (January 15, 1997).

Search Amazon for ISBN# 0596002890 and they return:
Mastering Regular Expressions, Friedl, 2nd edition (July 15, 2002).

But just because Amazon says July-2002, doesn't mean there's not a
3rd edition in the wings. So does anybody know?