SPUG:Meeting: The Horror of ~damian/bin !

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Jan 15 02:28:29 CST 2003

SPUGsters,

Don't miss Damian's latest show, which he'll be testing on
a live SPUG audience Wednesday night (can you say
"Room Full of Guinea Pigs"?).

Also, those planning to "Dine with the Dame"--ian please
RSVP to me on Wednesday, so I can reserve a spot for you.
The dinner festivities will begin around 5:30, and end by
6:45, and all are welcome.  Details of the location are
included below.

Bring checkbooks, charge-cards, and cash, just in case
I come up with something to auction off for TPF.

-Tim
| Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim at timmaher.org       |
| JAWCAR ("Just Another White Camel Award Recipient" |
| SPUG Founder & Leader       spug at seattleperl.org   |
| Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org    |

         January 2003 Seattle Perl Users Group Meeting

   Speaker: Damian Conway, JAPWASM
	   ("Just Another Perl Wizard and Supreme Modulator")

      Time: Wednesday, January 15, 2002 7-9pm
      NOTE: Usual location and time, but 3rd Wednesday,
                rather than 3rd Tuesday!
  Location: SAFECO bldg, Brooklyn St. and NE 45th St.

      Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
      Info: http://seattleperl.org/

          "Everyday Perl - The Horror that is ~damian/bin"

In this new talk, Damian walks us through his ~/bin directory,
explaining the numerous home-spun Perl scripts that he uses
on an everyday basis.

Remember, we're dealing with "The Damian" here, so just because
the scripts are short and practical, that doesn't mean they
can't also be scary!

Pre- and Post- Meeting Activities
---------------------------------
The pre-meeting dinner will be at the Cedars restaurant, at 50th
St. and Brooklyn, in the University District, near the Safeco
building where the meeting will take place. The phone number is
527-5247. If you're planning to be there, please post a message
to the list with your expected arrival time (5:30-5:45pm is
recommended).

As usual, those seeking liquid input before (and/or after) the
meeting are invited to congregate at the nearby Finn MacCool's
tavern, at 4217 University Ave. North, (206) 675-0885.  (But if
somebody has a *specific recommendation* for an alternative
location that's more conducive to conversation, please let me
know, and we'll consider trying it out.)

See the web-site for more details.