SPUG:Gtk-Perl and Gnome 2, on RedHat 8

Dan Sanderson lists at dansanderson.com
Tue Jan 14 03:45:10 CST 2003

Hmph.  There apparently is a Perl-Gtk 0.7008 RPM that comes with RedHat
8.  I could have sworn I already tried installing it last night, but I
just tried again and it installed.  (Also required installing gtkglarea,
but that also came with the distro.)  A couple of short test programs
seem to work fine.  I presume RH8 installed some GTK 1.x libraries for
backward compatibility (which I notice come with RH8 as well as the GTK2
libs) or something like that...

Thanks!
-- Dan