SPUG:Designing Programs

Asim Jalis asimjalis at acm.org
Fri Jan 10 21:20:23 CST 2003

I have a question. How do people design large programs with Perl?
Do you start typing code? Or do you spend some time designing it
on paper?

If you design it on paper, how do you do it? Do you define the
functions and what they will do and then flesh this out till you
have pinned down the whole program? Do you first break the
program down into modules and then flesh out each module?

Do you draw diagrams?

Or is it something completely different?

Do you use any kind of OO design ideas?

I am particularly interested in Perl and Perl design experience
and ideas.

Asim