SPUG: Help with consultation rate for SFO

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at teachmeperl.com
Wed Aug 27 10:19:59 CDT 2003

NOTE: Posted by Tim, for Ashok.
-Tim

Greetings spugsters!

A company in the Bay area has approached me to work as a
consultant at their site to build a processing system for posting
transactions to certain types of Overseas Bank Accounts.

All work has to be done on site due to security reasons. I
estimate my portion of the development to take about 12 weeks.
Local lodging & dining expenses , weekly to & fro air fare to fly
to the Bay area from Seattle is borne by the client.

I am having some difficulty in quoting a competitive rate since I
have never worked as a consultant before.

If anyone has worked as a consultant in the Bay Area or has an
idea on how to work out a competitive rate I would really
appreciate your help. I would request you to email me a contact
phone number so I could discuss the details with you.

If I learn any generic information on consultation rates in this
process I will be glad to share that with anyone interested.

Thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
Ashok

Ashok Misra