SPUG: 3 Jobs with Cray, one Perlish

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Aug 21 22:06:00 CDT 2003

FYI.  Check out the 3 local jobs with Seattle Cray Inc.

http://www.cray.com/jobs/sweng-1131.html

Position Title: Software Engineer
======================
Job Number: 1131
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: 06/03

This position will be responsible for working with the OS Development
team to put together a Linux Clustering solution for
Cray Customers.

Job Description:

As part of ongoing development efforts, Cray is creating a set of
technologies for operating systems, system administration
and clustering. The successful candidate will be required to work
cooperatively with the groups developing these
technologies to select the ones that are applicable for early
deployment. The employee will then need to work with Cray's
integration team to create a Linux Cluster platform for early versions
of the selected Cray software to be deployed at
customers' sites. The employee will need to work with these
early-adopters to fix bugs, resolve technical issues, collect
feedback, and follow up with the rest of the development organization to
make sure customer feedback is applied to the
final product.

Responsibilities:
Develop versions for Cray software suitable to deployment at
early-adopter sites.
Develop a Linux Cluster solution to host initial versions of Cray
software.
Develop procedures to install the Linux Cluster and deploy the software.

Collect customer feedback and fix bugs.
Relay the feedback to the main development effort for incorporation into
the final product.

Qualifications:
Minimum of 3 years development experience in C, Perl and Python
Minimum 2 years working in Linux
Minimum of 1 year Linux or Unix System Administration
Understanding of operating system concepts and how they are implemented
in the Linux kernel

Experience in downloading, patching, compiling and deploying the Linux
kernel would be a plus

Familiarity with Linux clustering toolkit would be a plus

Interaction and coordination with extended design team and other teams
as needed

Attention to detail while being flexible to the ever changing conditions
of a true fast paced environment

Good communication skills
BS in Computer Science
US citizen or permanent resident

Beth Kester
Technical Recruiter
bkester at cray.com
206-701-2040 (o)
Cray Inc.
411 First Avenue South, Suite 600
Seattle WA 98104.2860
http://www.cray.com/jobs/current.html

Position Title: Test Engineer
===================

Job Number: 1132
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: 06/03

Job Description/Responsibilities:
As a Software Test Engineer in the Systems Integration Group, you will
be working with a small group of software engineers
testing cutting edge Linux-based systems. Responsibilities include:

System software test planning and test specification.
Porting and executing existing test software.
Developing and executing new test software.
Test results tracking.
Reporting and reproducing system software failures.

Regression testing updated system software.
Assisting with resource allocation planning.
Assisting with development and test process refinement.
Contributing to overall software development and release goals.
Prioritizing and strategizing for optimal testing effectiveness.

Qualifications:
Minimum of 4 years experience with testing complicated software systems.

System-level knowledge of Unix/Linux.
Substantial experience with C programming and shell scripting.
Knowledge of networks and distributed systems preferred.
Proven ability to produce software that is both portable and reusable.
Experience writing and executing test plans and test cases.
Proven planning and scheduling experience.
Experience with entire software life cycle; from inception to release,
support, and maintenance.

Ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment.
Ability to acquire and use knowledge of the entire system and its
components to test effectively.
Independent self-starter who can cooperate effectively with other team
members.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Education:
BS, BE or BA in a related field or equivalent experience.

Beth Kester
Technical Recruiter
bkester at cray.com
206-701-2040 (o)
Cray Inc.
411 First Avenue South, Suite 600
Seattle WA 98104.2860
http://www.cray.com/jobs/current.htm

Position Title: I/O Developer
===================
Job Number: 1127
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: 05/03

As a Software Engineer in the I/O Group, you will be working as a member
of a small group of engineers developing a
parallel computer system targeted for high-end production oriented data
centers. The position involves designing,
developing, and maintaining networking and I/O software. This is an
opportunity to work with cutting edge hardware and
software technology to provide high performance I/O solutions.

Job Description/Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include designing, developing, and maintaining
networking solutions to enable high bandwidth TCP/IP
connectivity; designing and implementing services to provide distributed
parallel I/O and clustered file systems; designing
and implementing solutions to provide fault tolerant I/O services;
evaluating and selecting leading edge I/O hardware and
software to meet high performance requirements; performance analysis and
tuning of distributed I/O subsystems; analyzing
and fixing problems to improve the overall system quality; in general
developing a system to support high performance I/O
services in a scalable, fault tolerant, parallel environment.

Qualifications:
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work well in a cooperative development environment.
Ability to work independently to solve difficult problems and implement
solutions.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment.
Flexibility and willingness to adapt easily to changes.
Education/Experience:
Experience installing, configuring, maintaining and tuning of UNIX or
Linux TCP/IP networking utilities.

Experience developing, configuring, debugging and tuning of file
systems.
Experience with performance analysis and tuning of I/O subsystems.
At least 3 years experience developing kernel internal I/O subsystems of
Unix or Linux operating systems, such as TCP/IP, file systems or
drivers.

Experience with cluster, distributed or SAN file systems is a plus.
US Citizen

Beth Kester
Technical Recruiter
bkester at cray.com
206-701-2040 (o)
Cray Inc.
411 First Avenue South, Suite 600
Seattle WA 98104.2860
http://www.cray.com/jobs/current.html

-Tim
| Tim Maher (206) 781-UNIX  (866) DOC-PERL  (866) DOC-UNIX   |
| tim(AT)Consultix-Inc.Com  TeachMeUnix.Com  TeachMePerl.Com |