SPUG: FW: Giving up on computer jobs & usefulness of placement fi rms

marc.gibian at earthlink.net marc.gibian at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 20:07:51 CDT 2003

I have to strongly disagree with Peter on this one. I want to hire well rounded individuals who have lives outside of the technology field. I think there is such as thing as being too close to things and thus never seeing the large picture. I also find the technology addicted tend to not know when they are too tired to continue (and thus make lots of stupid errors they then waste even more time finding and fixing).

Give me someone who is emotionally invested in their work yet have lives outside of the workplace. I should note that in my 25+ year career I have been involved in many hiring decisions. I have never regretted one hire made with my agreement, nor regretted one not hired with me joining in the thumbs down.

-Marc