SPUG: FW: Giving up on computer jobs & usefulness of placementfirms

Peter Darley pdarley at kinesis-cem.com
Wed Aug 13 12:50:46 CDT 2003

Folks,
	I may not be a very typical resume reviewer/hirer.  I have always been in a
position where the resumes were sent directly to me, I was the only one who
reviewed them and made the final decision.  In a more typical hiring
environment where it first goes by an HR person, who has artificial
constraints on candidate qualifications, such as 'diversity' and such, it's
better to present yourself as well rounded.  For me, geek that I am, I get
excited when an applicant is involved in Seattle Wireless, or has
contributed code to the GNU/Linux (to be PC) codebase.  I probably represent
the hiring criteria of a small business better than larger ones.
Thanks,
Peter Darley