SPUG: Closing HTTP::Daemon port

Marc M. Adkins Marc.M.Adkins at Doorways.org
Sun Aug 10 21:42:09 CDT 2003

> What's netstat --inet say about the state of the socket?

It says TIME_WAIT from my daemon's port to another port on the same machine.

So...background...this is all occurring when a new server comes up.  It
calls to the existing server (if any) with the /quit URL in order to kill
the old server gracefully.  It does this via LWP::Simple::get().  Then the
new server loops until the port becomes available and it comes online.  This
recycles the server periodically (via cron).

So...I'm now wondering if LWP::Simple isn't holding onto the connection.
I've done everything I know of on the HTTP::Daemon side, maybe it's the
consumer side.  I'll look at that when I get a chance (dinner calls just
now).

mma