SPUG: Bio-Informatics Interest Group Forming

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Sep 26 11:48:45 CDT 2002

[I'm posting this message for Eric Olson. -C]

Announcing the first meeting of array(bio) a biology and computing
interest group.

October 8, 2002, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
University of Washington, Rosen Center

Mission Statement

array(bio) provides a forum for biologists, software developers and
business people to network and exchange information about the emerging
field of bioinformatics. Our meetings cover topics of general interest
to the creation and development of software tools for biological discovery.

First Meeting

Our first speaker is Dr. Steve Schmechel.  Dr Scmechel  is a Research
Fellow from the University of Washington Department of Pathology. Steve
will be discussing the role of microarrays in developing diagnostics for
Lymphoma.

Steve is Research Fellow, Department of Pathology at the University of
Washington Medical Center. He has 10 years of training in medicine and
clinical pathology. Steve received his undergraduate degree from Carroll
College, doctoral degrees from the University of Minnesota, and
specialty training in clinical pathology from the University of Washington.

array(bio) is grateful for the support of the following organizations:

Info.Resource, Inc.
Washington Biotechnology and Biomedical Association
Washington Software Alliance

For more information, please visit

http://www.wabio.com/ir/wa/news/arraybio_meeting.htm

Or contact