SPUG: ie and cookies

Alan alan at ufies.org
Tue Oct 1 13:15:48 CDT 2002

Hi folks... I'm having a bit of a weird problem with Apache::Cookie and IE.

I'm setting a cookie and then doing a redirect as follows:

my $c = Apache::Cookie->new( $r,
		-name => 'userdata',
		-value => $cookie,
		-expires => '1d',
		-path => '/dealers'
		);

$r->content_type('text/html');
$c->bake;
$r->header_out("Refresh"=>"0;url=/dealers$request_uri");
$r->no_cache(1);
$r->send_http_header;
$r->print( print_refresh_page_content() );

(print_refresh_page_content just returns a string of "authenticated")

This works *perfectly* in mozilla linux, galeon, mozilla windows, and
ie6 under windows XP.  It *doesn't* work on ie 6 under win98, winME, or
ie 5.5 run through crossover office.

I've played around with the security settings, and even at the lowest
setting, with IE set to prompt for any cookies, it won't even
acknowledge that I'm trying to set a cookie.

Anyone have any ideas/solutions/thoughts?

TIA

alan

--
Alan "Arcterex" <alan at ufies.org>   -=][=-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org