SPUG: GUI Wrapper for Command Line

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Tue Oct 1 09:28:34 CDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 04:26:07AM -0400, Asim Jalis wrote:
>Does anyone know of any freeware or cheap programs for Windows
>that can wrap around a command line program to make it look like
>it has a GUI? So for example if the command line program takes
>two arguments:
>
>filemove FROM TO
>
>the program would create a simple dialog containing two editboxes
>labelled FROM and TO, a small area for output, and a "Execute"
>button.

There have been a number of these over the years of varying
degrees of complexity.  Perl::Tk is one of the most flexible.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Intellectually, teachers fall between education theorists and bright
cocker spaniels. (Probably closer to the education theorists. The AKC has
been doing wonders with spaniels.) If you think I'm kidding look at the
GREs for education majors, whose scores are the lowest of all fields, and
remember that these are the smart ones.'' -- http://www.FredOnEverything.net

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org