SPUG: Simple Perl daemon

Brian Hatch spug at ifokr.org
Tue Nov 19 12:24:08 CST 2002

> 	That's what Cris Wilkes suggested.  I didn't know that such a thing
> existed, but it looks like it should do the trick. :)  Thanks to you both.

Note that to run it from supervise or init you do *not*
want to include traditional daemonizing code, ala

	fork && exit; fork && exit;

Because there's no need and it can confuse the watchdog
program.  (Supervise can deal with this if you use the
fghack or prgrphack trick, but that's silly if you're
the one writing the daemon.)

--
Brian Hatch                  "They always said I was carrying around a
   Systems and                lot of repressed anger.

Every message PGP signed