SPUG: Error message

Andre McDowall amcdowall at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 12:09:45 CDT 2002

Hi,

The below link goes to an “Email page to a friend” .cgi script. All users
should have access  to this script from a link on an HTML page which sits on
my server. Users are not allowed to access the script directly (an option I
don‘t particularly care for, but since I downloaded this script from the web
I don’t have much choice). If a user tries to access the script directly
they receive an error message from within the script. The problem is: some
users can NOT access the script via the HTML link; they get an error message
as though they are trying to access the script directly. I have verified
that the page being “email to a friend” is on my server and I have verified
that the users’ browser settings are correct. Does anyone have an idea of
how I can remedy this? Or even better, how I can completely get rid of the
HTTP_REFERER and still have the script perform as it should? Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Link to .cgi script:
http://www.geocities.com/icelandbound/index.txt

Example Link of url that takes users to email form:
../../cgi-bin/emailpage.cgi?action=refer&title=Name_Of_Page

- AM

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org