SPUG: inline::java

Martin Korb mkorb at versuslaw.com
Tue May 14 10:59:18 CDT 2002

I am using the inline::java module to run java code embedded in perl.
I am installing it on win32 machine. The problem I am having is that I have difficulties to set up and install the module on my machine.

1.inline\makefile.pl runs successfully. I opt out of  building the JNI extension
2. calling nmake.exe, this returns an error: fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x1'
    it seems that this error occurs while processing MakeMaker.pm
3. therefore all the subsequent calls:  nmake test and nmake install fail.

I am not at all sure how to fix this since I am not even sure about the nature the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin