SPUG: The Parrot is coming!

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue May 7 13:56:25 CDT 2002

Dan Sugalski, the leader of the Parrot project is likely to be here in
Seattle in early November of this year.  Since Perl, Python, and Ruby are
all target languages for the Parrot VM, this might be a great chance to
get together for a cross-language gathering to talk about, learn about,
and maybe hack on parrot.

I know that the local (and larger) Ruby community is going to be hopping
at that point because of RubyConf2002.  I've heard that there is also a
regional Python conference being planned for that time frame.  The perl
folk seem to be pretty active as well.  How about putting aside our
language rivalry for an afternoon and/or evening to support a cause that
could affect us all.

thanks,
-pate

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org