SPUG: Lingua::EN::Haiku

Jeremy Kahn kahn at cpan.org
Wed May 1 16:00:42 CDT 2002

SPUGsters (and Damian)

Some of you may remember my talk in April where I presented my attempt at
"refactoring" (yes, we're buzzword-compliant) out the haiku-generation
feature from Coy.pm.

For those who missed my talk, and for those in other time-zones (Damian!),
or for those who are interested in taking a look at the gruesome damage I
did to a subset of the Coy.pm code, the following page references these
(and some other discussion of computer haikus):

  http://students.washington.edu/~jgk/haiku/index.html

Damian (or anybody else!), I'd be happy to chat with you off-list about
where I was going with this, and if it makes sense to put this up on CPAN.
Code forks (and that might be what this is) are tricky and potentially
wasteful, and I'd rather be sure we agree on what this is good for (maybe
not much!).

And, of course, if anybody wants to send me patches, improvements, or
suggestions, I'd love that.

Happy Haiku Hacking!

--jeremy, who really should get back to work

Errors have occurred.
We won't tell you where or why.
Lazy programmers.
^^^^