SPUG: March Meeting

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Tue Mar 12 02:14:51 CST 2002

           March 2002 Seattle Perl User's Group Meeting
     Title: Relational Databases and XML: using the DBI with SAX
   Speaker: Colin Meyer, Helvella
      Time: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 7-9pm
  Location: SAFECO bldg, Brooklyn St. and NE 45th St.
      Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
      Info: http://seattleperl.org/

Topics:
      . Overview of XML and its uses
      . Processing XML with SAX
      . Writing a SAX handler to extract data from XML for
        insertion into an RDB
      . Writing a SAX driver to extract data from an RDB
        and generate XML

Attendees who have not seen my introductory DBI talk, or are not
familiar with the Perl Database Interface are encouraged to review:
  http://helvella.org/intro_dbi/
  perldoc DBI

This talk is a preview of some of the material in my "Database Programming
with Perl" training course.  There will be a public offering of this course
from 4/22 to 4/25.  For details, see:
  http://teachmeperl.com/

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org