SPUG: Review of Damian's New Hit Talk, T::S::C

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Sat Jun 29 05:12:39 CDT 2002

I've posted my review of Damian's new show-stopper talk,
Time::Space::Continuum, which debuted Friday evening at YAPC in St. Louis.
It's at http://teachmeperl.com/tsc_review.html.
It's another brain-buster, along the lines of Quantum Superpositions.
And it's also the very talk he'll be giving us at our 7/16th SPUG meeting!
Do we rock or what? 8-}

I've also extended the deadline for submitting TPF contributions that
qualify for chances to win free training with The Damian to July 5th. See
http://teachmeperl.com/apworkshop.html#Raffle for details.

Overall, YAPC was great again this year!  Washington Univ. is
beautiful, the talks were great, and there was the usual primal feeling
of belonging to a wacky but wonderful tribe.

I presented an expanded version of my Name Game talk in the last slot of
the Lightning Rounds, and it was lots of fun.  Just picture 300 Perl geeks
singing silly verses like the following, or those in the attachment:

	Let's do INGY!

	 Ingy, Ingy, bo Bingy,
	  Bonana, Fanna, Fo Fingy,
	   Fee, Fi, Mo Mingy

		INGY!

|  Tim Maher, CEO, CONSULTIX  (206) 781-UNIX; (866) DOC-PERL; (866) DOC-LINUX  |
|   tim at consultix-inc.com  teachmeunix.com  teachmeperl.com  teachmelinux.net  |
|    JULY 8-11: OO Perl Fundamentals;  JULY 29-31: Database Prog. with Perl    |
| NEW Seminar Series!  "DAMIAN CONWAY's Adv. Perl Workshop";   Seattle 7/15-19 |
|  Adv. OOP  *  Adv. Module Techniques  *  Programming Perl 6  *  Text Parsing |