SPUG: GNU is not Microsoft?

Meryll Larkin humbaba9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 01:23:36 CDT 2002

Hi Folks,

I'm passing the following along to this list because there has been so
much email about .NET recently:

ASP.NET Web Matrix is a community-supported, easy-to-use WYSIWYG
development tool for ASP.NET. It can be installed via a quick 1.2 MB
download (about 5 minutes using a 56Kb modem). Best of all - it's
free! http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

Ximian announced the launch of the Mono project, an effort to create an
source implementation of the .NET Development Framework.

The goal of this project is to build a suite of free software tools to
and execute .NET applications, including a C# compiler, assembler,
disassembler, and runtime engine. The initial target platform is
with other platforms to follow in the future.

I'm intrigued by this & think I'll check it out

Meryll Larkin
(still unemployed) Perl Programmer, Web Developer, mischief-maker

Do You Yahoo!?

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org