SPUG: HTML to lc script for testing

Meryll Larkin humbaba9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 15:24:40 CDT 2002

6/25/02

Hi Folks,

I wrote a script that opens an HTML page, converts tags from upper case
to lower case and writes the altered data to a new file.

* The script does not check permissions because it was developed on
Windows - so if you want that, you'll have to add it.

It leaves javascript untouched.

I've tested this script on some pretty complex pages and so far it
hasn't failed me, but I'm SURE that if I had a better base of testers
that I could find SOMETHING to improve.

If you have HTML pages you would like to test this on, the script is
here:
http://www.alwanza.com/bells/perlscripts/htmlLower.html

Any criticisms, suggestions, pointers, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Meryll

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org