SPUG: Math Genius

Orr, Chuck (NOC) chuck.orr at attws.com
Thu Jul 25 20:56:26 CDT 2002

Thanks for all the replies,

I actually did not need pack or tr.  The previous script writer had made up
his own system where by 0-9 maintains its value and 10-35 become the letters
A-Z respectively.

A kind gentleman named David Dyck helped me out with the following
suggestion:

substr("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ", $_, 1)

which worked like a charm.

Thanks again to all,
Chuck