SPUG: The Damian has Landed!

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Jul 12 16:51:08 CDT 2002

SPUGsters,

Damian is now in the Seattle area, recuperating in earnest from
his gruelling past few weeks, in preparation for Dam-i-a-thon
2002.  The first event will be this Sunday -- a cruise of Lake Washington
followed by dinner.  Details follow below.

After that, he'll be teaching four days of classes in Kirkland through
Consultix, which is sponsoring this trip (along with The Perl Foundation).

There are still seats available in all classes; see
	http://teachmeperl.com/apworkshop.html
for details.

And of course, we mustn't forget that Damian will be our guest speaker
for our regular monthly SPUG meeting on the 16th.  Details at
	http://seattleperl.org

Finally, I've got some contest winners to announce.  We didn't get *any*
entrants for the second drawing for Perl Foundation contributors, so we
decided to award those two free seats at random to individuals
who made SPUG presentations during the last year.

And the winners are: Jim Flanagan, "Programming Perl 6", and Colin Meyer,
"Adv. Module Implementation Techniques".  Just goes to show you that
donating your time and talents to SPUG can pay off big time! 8-}

-Tim

|  Tim Maher, CEO, CONSULTIX  (206) 781-UNIX; (866) DOC-PERL; (866) DOC-LINUX  |
|   tim at consultix-inc.com  teachmeunix.com  teachmeperl.com  teachmelinux.net  |
| 7/29:D'base w/Perl 8/19:UNIX  8/26:Perl Prog  9/18:Int Perl  9/23:Sh & Utils |
| NEW Seminar Series!  "DAMIAN CONWAY's Adv. Perl Workshop";   Seattle 7/15-18 |
|          Adv. OOP  *  Adv. Module Techniques  *  Programming Perl 6          |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org