SPUG: Vendor wants to Present

Meryll Larkin humbaba9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 18:43:27 CST 2002

1/22/02

Hi Ben & All,

HTML tags all in upper case isn't necessarily bad -
(sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it is) some people
prefer lower case because it makes the pages more XML
friendly.

In this case, I just made a note of it because I know
that HTML tags all in caps and bad indentation is
characteristic of coding produced by old versions of
Frontpage.

Meryll

--- Ben Reser <ben at reser.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:24:51PM -0800, Meryll
> Larkin wrote:
> > The HTML appears to have been generated by a (bad)
> > HTML generator, possibly Frontpage, with tags all
> in
> > uppercase and bad indentation, bad boundaries on
> their
> > buttons, and extra unneeded tags
> > (this is a good indicator of bad code - view
> source on
> > this page
> > http://www.teamstudio.com and look at all the
> </UL> at
> > the bottom plus the double </HTML> tags).  Their
> > navigation isn't particularly good (it's
> confusing,
> > and in some places non-intuitive - but that isn't
> > coding, just architectural logic).
>
> Just what does the tags being in all caps prove?  I
> always use caps for
> my tags.
>
> --
> Ben Reser <ben at reser.org>
> http://ben.reser.org
>
> What difference does it make to the dead, the
> orphans, and the homeless,
> whether the mad destruction is wrought under the
> name of totalitarianism
> or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org