SPUG: How to deal with same name packages

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Jan 14 21:00:14 CST 2002

NOTE: The word "sud", except with a B for the D, is not allowed in messages,
because MajorDomo thinks somebody is trying to Zubscribe/Unzubscribe.  So
we use Z for s in such cases!

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.             Tel: (206) 781-UNIX/8649    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at seattleperl.org   |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    HTTP: www.seattleperl.org    |

OK, i'll bite.  I have started to learn the perl debugger several times and
each time I run into this problem:

How do you run the debugger inside a CGI (or more importantly a mod_perl)
environment.  About 90% of what I do in perl runs behind apache in mod_perl
and can't get very far past

Zub handler {
	my $r = shift;
	my $s = $r->server;

debugger complains "Can't call method "server" on an undefined blah blah...

I know I've seen this somewhere before where you run the debugger inside some
sort of apache environment or something.

Help, I really want to stop using print STDERR!  Can I make database
connections in the debugger?

----- End forwarded message -----

--
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix          (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org