SPUG: Posting a question for someone with e-mail bounce problems

David Dyck dcd at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jan 11 18:23:19 CST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 at 15:47 -0800, Susanne Bullo <sweetsue at sweethomes.com>...:

> Can't locate object method "method" via package
> "http://www.howto-workathome.com/cgi-bin/safelist/members.cgi?action=Send
> This Message&username=rocksolid&password=onesite&subject=This is a fifth
> test&message=www.sweethomes.com www.sweethome
> s.com www.sweethomes.com www.sweethomes.com www.sweethomes.com
> www.sweethomes.com www.sweethomes.com www.sweethomes.com www.sweethomes.com
> www.sweethomes.com " at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/LWP/UserAgent.pm line
> 163.

Well, there is an lwp mailing list

 libwww at perl.org

Did you ask there yet?

Second, I'd ask about the class name that
is being printed as the package -
 looks suspicious to me

are you sure you are calling it with the right
parameters?

It looks like you are calling
   $ua->request($url, $file_path);
where
  $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;

from LWP::UserAgent:

The C<$request> should be a reference to a C<HTTP::Request> object
with values defined for at least the method() and uri() attributes.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org