SPUG: Avoid this recruiter?

Steve Cartoon otter101 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:22:20 CST 2002

G'day!
   I was able to contact this guy yesterday. He told me the location of the
jobs were in Seattle and BALLARD, not BELLINGHAM.
   Sheesh. Perl/Web development jobs (or indeed any sort of computing jobs)
are apparently non-existent in Skagit or Whatcom Counties, so this lead
turned out to be a really big disappointment.
   But giving out disappointment would appear to be this guy's main
pleasure...I really hate 'technical recruiters'...most of them don't have a
fraction of our knowledge and probably use O'Reilly books to prop up their
tables or boost up their flowerpots...
   Anyways, just wanted to let you lot know that he gave me a different job
location area...

   Be seeing you...
   Steve Cartoon
   Concrete, WA

>From: Meryll Larkin <humbaba9 at yahoo.com>
>To: c k <thasone at yahoo.com>, spug-list at pm.org
>Subject: Re: SPUG: Avoid this recruiter?
>Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:23:42 -0800 (PST)
>
>1/9/02
>
>Ha ha ha, yep, he's got me too!  I responded to an ad
>way back in the beginning of November (or was it
>mid-October?).  Each week asked me to phone next week
>when he would have an interview date for me.  Each
>week I called.  IF, I could reach him, he would say,
>"I'll try to get in touch with my client.  If I don't
>call you back later today, call me next week."  In
>Mid-December he told me that the positions were being
>postponed till January.
>
>On January 3rd HE called ME!!!!  Same story.  I've had
>to call several times before I reach him and it's
>always "If I don't call you back later today, call me
>again next week."  I've left messages twice this week.
>
>Meryll Larkin
>(desperate) Web Developer - Perl Programmer
>http://www.alwanza.com
>
>--- c k <thasone at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Has anybody had success with this recruiter?
> >
> > Cazy Green
> > Greythorn Inc.
> > 40 Lake Bellevue
> > Suite 100
> > Bellevue, WA 98005
> > cazy.green at ...
> >
> > He's always looking for somebody with Perl skills on
> > particular job board, in fact in one of his ads he
> > recently states, "I need 12 Perl GURU's".  Yet, when
> > call him up, he use stalling tactics or doesn't even
> > take your number to return your call, you have to
> > call
> > him.  After calling him several times, I said f#$k
> > this, he ain't looking for nobody.
> >
> > Someday, I'm thinking of just sending him a real
> > hyped
> > up resume, that has no value.
> >
> > Anyway, if anybody has dealt with this recruiter and
> > has had success, please let me know, maybe I'm wrong
> > about him.

> > http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

> > by your Email-address
> >  For daily traffic, use spug-list for LIST ;  for
> > weekly, spug-list-digest
> >      Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Home Page:
> > http://zipcon.net/spug/

>  For daily traffic, use spug-list for LIST ;  for weekly, spug-list-digest
>      Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Home Page: http://zipcon.net/spug/

"Where am I?"
"Well, you can't get there from here."
"But I'm looking for the same old place!"
"Oh, you must mean the old Same place. It's right out back."

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org