SPUG: test directory and then create

garrett esperum shamonsflame at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:59:00 CST 2002

Hello all,

I am using solaris 2.6 and perl 5.6.1.
I have an external file that has multiple directory names listed in it. The
directory names in this file are seperated by a tab. I want to read this
external file and I want to test to see if each of these directories exists.
If these directories don't exist I want to create them. If they do exist I
don't want to do anything.
How do I do this in PERL? How do I do the dir test? And how do I perform the
loop?

Thank You!

-garrett

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org