SPUG: CPAN question

Peter Darley pdarley at kinesis-cem.com
Mon Feb 18 07:54:12 CST 2002

David,
	Great!  I'll do this.
Thanks,
Peter Darley

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spug-list at pm.org [mailto:owner-spug-list at pm.org]On Behalf Of
David Vergin
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 10:55 PM
To: spug-list at pm.org
Subject: RE: SPUG: CPAN question

When the CPAN.pm module tries to upgrade to a newer version of Perl without
your
permission, the solution is to upgrade the CPAN.pm module itself!

Certain versions of the CPAN.pm module do this Perl upgrade in some
circumstances. The most recent versions do not do this. IIRC, the behavior
was
first observed in the spring of 2001 and the problem was resolved with a
newer
version of the CPAN.pm module in early summer.

David V.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org