SPUG: Re: Datimenu.pm peer review of the namespace

Allen Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at efn.org
Sun Dec 8 17:49:23 CST 2002

> >  I am asking for peer review of the namespace and function
> >  compared to what might already be available.

> >  I dusted off the documentation for a module that I use for
> >  creating date and time pop up select menus in html pages.
> >
> >  Find the module and documentation here
> >  http://www.stadiumdistrict.com/DTC/Tutorials/Datimenu/slide1.html
> >
> >  To find out more about being a module contributor I started by
> >  reading:  http://www.cpan.org/modules/04pause.html which suggests
> >  talking to other people and searching the long module list before
> >  registering the namespace.  It also recommends not duplicating the
> >  work of other people or adding the code functionality to a module
> >  that already exits.
> >
> >  I know that when we wrote this module it was because I could not find
> >  a module on CPAN to fit my needs.  I need to reconfirm that it
> >  is unique.
> >
> >  Before releasing this module to CPAN I am sure it will need some
> >  improvements.
> >
> >  Again, I am asking for peer review of the namespace and function
> >  compared to what might already be available.

I seem to recall seeing something like this before, but can't
remember where...

I'd run it past the datetime at perl.org list, which reaches the
authors of many of the date/time modules.

WRT namespace, I don't think this belongs in the top level.
Perhaps Date::Menu::Html or some permutation thereof?

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org