Baker, Stephen M stephen.m.baker at intel.com
Mon Aug 26 17:16:00 CDT 2002

I'm looking for the correct exit command for the following situation:

Program A coninuously checks environment conditions and runs Program B as

Each time Program B runs, it spawns multiple instances of program C.

Eventually, Programs B and C complete execution, modify the environment, and
Program A again notices changes and restarts the cycle.

I have the program catching signal interrupts for exit purposes, but I don't
know whether to go with a kill 9, an exit(?), or what.

What I want to do when exit is called is kill all instances of programs A
and B, but not any occurances of program C.

Stephen Baker				Office:	253.371.4188
Intel Corporation				Mobile:	253.678.0556
Intel Architecture Group			Email:
stephen.m.baker at intel.com

Mail Stop DP3-307	2800 Center Dr.		Dupont, WA 98327

The information contained in this email are the opinions and views of the
author(s), and are not on behalf of Intel unless specifically stated.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org