SPUG: mail filtering addenda

El JoPe Magnifico jope-spug at jope.net
Wed Aug 21 16:02:33 CDT 2002

A few follow-up notes to the talk last night on SpamAssassin:

First off, useful info at its homepage.
http://www.spamassassin.org

I believe it was asserted during the talk that there was no Windows
version available.  In fact, there is a commercial version.
http://www.deersoft.com

It's unclear whether this uses the same Perl-based implementation
under the hood, but I'm guessing it does.

For those interested in Bayesian filtering, recently popularized by
Paul Graham (of Lisp fame), I've found at least one perl implementation.
http://www.garyarnold.com/projects.php#bayespam

There undoubtedly are (or will soon be) others out there, and I suspect
it will be added to SpamAssassins list of heuristics in short order.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org