SPUG: Stupid Ascii question

Creede Lambard creede at penguinsinthenight.com
Thu Aug 15 12:35:41 CDT 2002

I'm not sure if there will be any problems with chr(31) as a field
separator -- my inclination would be to try it and see -- but I have to
wonder, why do you want to have the character be non-printing? If you
use a visible but uncommon character like the pipe, you have a good idea
where your records break into fields. Or better yet, use a tab, which is
both whitespace and easily represented in a print string (\t) and still
only takes up one character in your field.

--
` / V \  . Creede Lambard                : Live in a world of your own,

Perl Programmer and Linux Sysadmin, reasonable rates. Inquire within.
GPG key at http://www.penguinsinthenight.com/creede_public_key.asc