SPUG: Reevaluation of Email Subject

Meryll Larkin humbaba9 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 18:00:28 CDT 2001

9/17/01

I get lots of email, and I know you do, too because
you are on this same list.

I like to sort my email by subject so that I can
follow threads, particularly when information about
meetings or pieces of code is being passed around.

I would like to request that when we are posting a
response to a side comment rather than the main topic
of an email, that we reevaluate the subject heading of
that email, and send it with an appropriate subject
for the contents of the email.  If we want to help our
comrade SPUGsters find the original reference, we can
note the thread heading within the email for example:

Subject was:
Re: Sept. Meeting: Lightning Strikes SPUG!

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org