SPUG: Re: Sept. Meeting: Lightning Strikes SPUG!

David Dyck dcd at tc.fluke.com
Mon Sep 17 15:17:13 CDT 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Michael R. Wolf wrote:

> I think Benjamin Franklin once closed a letter with "Sorry this is so long,
> I didn't have time to make it shorter."

http://www.cyberquotations.com/quotes8.htm.
 I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to
 make it shorter.--Blaise Pascal

  or

Blaise Pascal

     Je n'ai fait plus longue que parce que je n'ai par eu le loisir de
     la faire plus courte.

     variously translated, including

         I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I have
         not had the time to make it shorter.

     and

         I am sorry for the length of my letter, but I had not the time
         to write a short one.

	    -- Lettres provinciales, letter 16 (1657)

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org