SPUG: Extreme Programming Meeting: PLANNING AND ESTIMATION (OCT 11 THU)

Asim Jalis asimjalis at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 13:08:36 CDT 2001

EXTREME PROGRAMMING MEETING

TOPICS

  THE XP PLANNING AND ESTIMATION PROCESS

  We will discuss how to run a planning meeting, how
story and task
  cards are created and what processes are used to
manage XP projects.
  This will be an interactive meeting where people
from different
  software teams will discuss topics such as:

    - How they have adapted planning meetings to work
with their
      software processes.
    - Pros and cons of different approaches.
    - Problems that arise and how to solve them.

  The emphasis will be on pragmatic ideas that you can
apply
  immediately to improve your XP planning and
estimation process.

  People who have some experience working in XP teams:
Please bring
  your war-stories and come ready to share ideas and
to brainstorm
  with the rest of the group on how a company just
starting with XP
  can use the planning game to bootstrap their
planning and
  estimation.

  SOFTWARE TOOLS FOR PLANNING MEETINGS

  Steve Howell will make a short presentation on how
to use Graphviz
  and Webdot to store design documents and story
cards.

DATE AND SCHEDULE
    Thursday, October 11, 2001 (second Thursday of the
month).
    6.30 pm - 7.00 pm : Pizza + Networking.
    7.00 pm - 9.00 pm : Presentations and Q&A.

LOCATION
    Suite 100, Lante's Main Conference Room
    3180 139th Avenue SE
    Bellevue, WA 98005
    425.564.8800 (main desk)

DIRECTIONS
    I have refactored the directions into two parts.
First, how to get
    to 139th Ave SE (which depends on which interstate
you use) and
    then how to get to 3180 which should be same for
all cases:

    STEP 1: How to get to 139th Ave SE

    From I-405 South (going towards I-90) from
Bellevue, Redmond.

      - Take exit 10 for Coal Creek Parkway and turn
LEFT at the light
	as you get off the ramp onto Coal Creek Parkway.
      - Turn LEFT at Factoria Blvd (128th Av SE).
      - You will cross I-90 by going under it.
      - Turn RIGHT onto Eastgate Way SE, immediately
after crossing
	I-90.
      - Take a LEFT at the light onto 139th Ave SE.

    From I-405 North (going towards I-90) from Renton.

      - Take exit 10 for Coal Creek Parkway and turn
RIGHT at the
	light as you get off the ramp onto Coal Creek
Parkway.
      - Turn LEFT at Factoria Blvd (128th Av SE).
      - You will cross I-90 by going under it.
      - Turn RIGHT onto Eastgate Way SE, immediately
after crossing
	I-90.
      - Take a LEFT at the light onto 139th Ave SE

    From I-90 West (going towards I-405) from
Bellevue, Issaquah,
    Redmond.

      - Take the 161st Ave SE/156th Ave SE/150th Ave
SE exit (exit
	11).
      - Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp.
      - Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp.
      - Turn LEFT onto SE Eastgate Way.
      - Turn RIGHT onto 139th Ave SE.

    From I-90 East (going towards I-405) from Seattle,
Mercer Island.

      - Take the Richards Road exit (exit 10).
      - Take a LEFT at the light off the exit ramp
onto Richards Rd.
      - You will drive under I-90 crossing it.
      - Take the first RIGHT onto SE Eastgate Way.
      - Take a LEFT at the light onto 139th Ave SE

    STEP 2: How to find 3180 on 139th Ave SE

      - Drive past the turn for SE 32nd St.
      - 3180 will be the first building on your RIGHT.

      - You will notice a parking entrance into the
building on your
	RIGHT.
      - Drive into it and then drive up the parking
garage to the top
	(the 4th floor) which has uncovered parking.
      - Park anywhere (parking is free).
      - The building entrance should be straight ahead
and there will
	be signs pointing to the XP meeting.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org