SPUG: Template system

Ian Li ili at cardomain.com
Thu Jul 26 14:24:07 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to separate my HTML and Perl code and I am trying to find a templating system that is most suitable for me. I'm creating my web site in the University of Washington servers which does not have mod_perl, so I'm concerned about speed.

Right now, I'm considering HTML::Template, Text::Template, Template Toolkit. HTML::Template sounds like a good choice for me, but I can't include files into them. I like Template Toolkit because it works kinda like Server Side Includes, in terms of being able to include other files into one file. But I am concerned about Template Toolkit's speed.

What do you Spugsters think? I'll appreciate any response. Thanks.

Ian Anthony Li