SPUG: win32 services

Terry Nightingale tnight at pobox.com
Wed Jul 18 11:49:44 CDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Martin Korb wrote:

> How can I turn a .pl into a service on a win32 machine. (basically
> change a .pl to a .exe residing in the registry) I have been looking
> at the Win32::TieRegistry module but I think that is more for
> getting info about a service and registry after it has been
> installed.

Point your favorite search engine at "srvany".  It is relatively easy to
use and surprisingly well documented.  I've successfully used it to run
Perl services on NT/2k.

--
Terry Nightingale <tnight at pobox.com>
+1-425-649-9304(v) / +1-425-643-7112(f)

Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future.  -Niels Bohr

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org