SPUG: Who's Going to PerlWhirl, Jan. 2002?

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Jul 13 07:23:08 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:47:30PM +1000, Damian Conway wrote:
>    > It's not cheap (>$2k, exact amount depending), but if your company
>    > will spring for the fees, as many have done in the past, it's sure
>    > a fun way to learn more about Perl and have unique opportunities
>    > to socialize in a relaxed setting with Perl gurus.
>    >
>    > So those who think they might be going, please let me know!
>
> I'm *definitely* going to be there.
>
> Let me assure you that 2k+ is a small price to pay to hear me do
> un antire dee's tyutarial wi' ay Jamayyyyken arkcent, mon!
>
> Deemian ;-)

And if Damian would explain how he can write Perl programs using Latin
words and Klingon numbers in that Jamaican accent, the cruise would then
be worth easily twice that much, just for its sheer "polyglottal"
entertainment value!

So how about it, "Deemian"? 8-}

(
	I'm kidding; PLEASE, don't anybody really dare him to do this!
	The ship would likely capsize, from the weight of all the
	Caribbean pirates swarming on board to get free Perl training 8-}
)

|  Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix        (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
|  Email: tim at consultix-inc.com         Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
|  TIM MAHER: Unix/Perl   DAMIAN CONWAY: Adv. Perl   COLIN MEYER: Perl/DBI |
|   Seattle Classes; Perl + Modules: 9/17-21  UNIX Fundamentals: 9/24-28   |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org