SPUG: web site from June's DBI presentation

Richard Wood wildwood_players at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 13:19:17 CDT 2001

Eric,

Thanks for the input.  Your question caused me to look
at a different section of the Perl DBI book.
Specifically the section on ProxyServer.  I found
there (p 181) an expanded version of the dbi connect
string which helped me put mine together:

export DBI_USER=myusr
export DBI_PASS=mypass

dbish
'dbi:Proxy:hostname=123.45.6.789;port=3333;dsn=dbi:Oracle:'

and Viola! I was in.

Thanks again,

Rich Wood

=====