SPUG: Web host recommendation

John Cokos jcokos at ccs.net
Tue Jan 30 17:08:44 CST 2001

As a commercial CGI Script company, I would
need to add a hearty "No Way" to he.net
They have been nothing but trouble to the customers
of ours that are stuck with them.  Aside from
reports of terrible tech support (unhelpful, rude,
and not very knowledgeable), our customers report
a hard-sell sales force, weekly "upgrade now" emails,
and unbreakable contracts.    If they've changed their
ways, you can ignore this, but they've been on our
NO NO list for a long time.

I prefer dreamhost.com, and webhosting.com for
virtual servers, and rackspace.com for dedicated
servers.

John

  John Cokos, President / CEO: iWeb Inc.
  http://www.iwebsys.com