SPUG: Feb. Perl Classes, Conway & Maher

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Feb 7 11:36:19 CST 2001

SPUGsters,

In case you haven't heard, Dr. Damian Conway, "The Perl Wonder
from Down Under", will be presenting expanded (i.e., two-day)
versions of his "Data Munging" and "Adv. OOP" seminars during
the week of 2/19 in Kirkland, WA.

The "Munging" seminar covers pattern matching in all its
manifestations, techniques for working on files in the HTML,
tar, and gzip formats, grammar-based parsing, report generation,
and many other related topics.  In short, it includes everything
you ever wanted to know about manipulating text using the Perl
language.

The "Adv. OOP" seminar covers advanced techniques in OOP for
enhancing program efficiency, reliability, flexibility, and
maintainability.  It includes coverage of the topics featured in
Damian's famous OO-Perl book, and adds many more.

What more could you want? 8-}

Additional details are provided below, and at the Consultix web site.

-Tim

P.S. Anybody who wants to subscribe to the Consultix mailing list, which
will get you announcements like the one shown below, please let me know.

*========================================================================*
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
| TIM MAHER: Unix/Perl  DAMIAN CONWAY: Adv. Perl   COLIN MEYER: Perl/DBI |
|  12 Int Perl; 20 Data Munging; 22 Adv OO-Perl; 3/20 Perl; 3/26: Linux  |
*========================================================================*

From:   Tim Maher, CONSULTIX

Topics:
 *  Damian Conway Giving Free Perl Talks
 *  Int. Perl and Conway Classes Still Open
                 CONSULTIX Winter Schedule
              Course               Dates    Days
          Intermediate Perl      2/12-02/14   3
         *Data Munging           2/20-02/21   2
         *Advanced OO Perl       2/22-02/23   2
          Basic Perl + Modules   3/20-03/23   4
          LINUX Fundamentals     3/26-03/29   4
        * Taught by Australia's Dr. Damian Conway

INTERMEDIATE PERL: Open for Registrations

Do you know basic Perl, but still need to learn how to Handle
References, use Complex Data Structures, Deal with Signals,
Maximize Security, and Keep Data Alive between program runs?
Are you befuddled by the programs of your colleagues
that use Map and Grep?  Then this is the course for you!
It starts next Monday, and we're still taking registrations.
See http://www.consultix-inc.com/int_perl.html for course details
and http://www.consultix-inc.com/reg.html for pricing.

DAMIAN CONWAY PERL SEMINARS: Open for Registrations

Dr. Damian Conway, "The Perl Wonder from Down Under", will be
presenting two seminars in the Seattle area during February, 2001.
The "Data Munging" course (2/20-21) is about processing text
with Perl.  It covers pattern matching in all of its manifestations,
techniques for working on files in the HTML, tar, and gzip formats,
grammar-based parsing, natural language transformations, report
generation, and many other related topics.  Suffice it to say
that everything you ever wanted to know about Perl techniques for
data manipulation is covered in this two-day seminar!  For course
details see http://www.consultix-inc.com/munging.html, and for
pricing http://www.consultix-inc.com/reg.html.

The second offering (2/22-23) is his popular "Advanced
Object Oriented Perl" seminar, which starts with the basic
Perl OOP techniques featured in his Manning Press book
(see http://www.manning.com/conway), and then delves into
more advanced methods that yield greater efficiency, reliability,
flexibility, and maintainability.  For course details see:
http://www.consultix-inc.com/advoop.html, and for pricing, see:
http://www.consultix-inc.com/reg.html.

                   CONSULTIX ON-LINE RESOURCES

General Consultix information: