SPUG: The ABC-s of Perl

Brian Ingerson briani at activestate.com
Mon Feb 5 01:20:54 CST 2001

SPUG,

I'm giving a presentation this week at a local university entitled
"Intro to Perl for Unix C Programmers". My talk will include a section
on the "ABC-s of Perl" and "Perl's Top 10 Features". I would like to
your ideas on these.

The ABC-s is a list of words describing or pertaining to Perl. Try not
to use words like "Cool" which could pertain to anything. I'll want
about 3 words for each letter of the alphabet.

Please fill in as many blanks as you can.
Problem letters so far are: A, B, J, K, N, Q, V, X, Y, Z

Thanks in advance for your ideas,

Brian

1) Regular Expressions
2) Pod
3) Etc....
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

A)
B)
C) CPAN
D) Documented
E)
F)
G)
H)
I)
J)
K)
L)
M)
N)
O) Object Oriented
P)
Q)
R)
S) Secure
T)
U)
V)
W)
X)
Y)
Z)

--
perl -le 'use Inline C=>q{SV*JAxH(char*x){return newSVpvf
("Just Another %s Hacker",x);}};print JAxH+Perl'

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org