SPUG: UW Perl Programming Certificate

Rebecca L. Schmidt beckyls at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 20 17:37:25 CST 2001

I'm writing to let you know that it is not too late to apply for the UW
Perl Programming Certificate Program that begins in January.  We will be
accepting applications through January 2, 2002.

There are three courses in the program: "Beginning Perl",
"Advanced/Object Oriented Perl", and "Perl, the Web, and Databases".
Classes meet once a week on Wednesday nights in Bellevue, 6-9 PM; each
class lasts 10 weeks.

We start with the basics and go in-depth on many Perl topics, including
data types, regular expressions, I/O, complex data structures, object
oriented Perl, database access, CGI programming, and lots more.
Participants earn nine Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and the UW
Certificate in Perl Programming.

The instructors are industry experts who share their professional
experience and provide personal hands-on instruction.  About the
instructors:

* Keith Reed is Lead Software Engineer at Philips Medial Systems in
Bothell. He has taught Unix and Shell scripting at UC Riverside and he has
over 15 years of programming experience.

* Brian Aker is Senior Software Developer at Valinux/OSDN where he is
redesigning slashcode (the publishing engine for Slashdot). Brian wrote
software for the VirtualHospital, one of the first and largest online
medical repositories.

Detailed information, including how to apply, is available here:
http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/per/per_main.asp

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Rebecca Schmidt
Academic Programs
University of Washington Extension
5001 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA  98105-4190
rschmidt at ese.washington.edu
(206) 221-6243

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org