SPUG: Shared memory system

Bill Alford billa at willapabay.org
Fri Dec 7 19:06:50 CST 2001

I've got a play project I'm working on where I'd like shared memory
between processes.  Unfortunately, I want it to run on Windows and Unix.
The IPC routines don't work for the ActiveState libraries I have played
with.  And I want to avoid coding two paths for each OS.

Does anyone have a suggestion other than implementing my own server to
manage the data and communicating via sockets?  (Which, for what I'm doing
might be the better solution anyway.  I just want more options. :)

Thanks,
	Bill

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org