SPUG: Meeting Tonight!!

Michael Leary leary at nwlink.com
Wed Aug 22 16:16:38 CDT 2001

I whined about the job market.  A secret cabal was formed.  Colin(?) gave
some good info on finding unadvertised Perl jobs (Boeing, WaMu, and
perhaps Safeco).  Hot Perl skills to have: mod_perl, DBI, SQL, XML, XSLT,
bioperl -- but also: a subject matter expertise that isn't CS related
(biology, accounting, insurance, etc.).

http://jobsearch.wamu.newjobs.com/
http://jobsearch.boeing.newjobs.com/

Opinion was divided on the value of a BS degree.

"cowboy" is a *good* thing

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org