SPUG: Can't ignore sigchld, setting default. < HPUX

Ron Hartikka ronh at iainc.com
Fri Apr 6 07:55:19 CDT 2001

Hi,

I get this warning when I my script is run by an in house program - a long
running process.

I'd like to clean it up. Should clean up happen in my script or in the
program?

What reason would a program have for ignoring SIGCHLD. perldiag says
ignoring SIGCHLD is careless.

Is that always true - or does ignoring SIGCHLD make sense sometimes?

TIA

Ron Hartikka
    Interautomation, Inc.
    email    => ronh at iainc.com