SPUG: Eastside Perl
ajalis at cobaltgroup.com
Tue Oct 17 18:56:22 CDT 2000
If anyone's interested in presenting at next week's meeting on the
Eastside (Redmond) let me know.
Short presentations are welcome. Could be as short as 15 minutes. Here
are some topic ideas:
* How to start and maintain a CPAN module.
* Talk about any Perl module that you like. http://search.cpan.org has
pre-built documentation on all the modules so you can browse till you
find something interesting. Here are some ideas:
- XML::Simple - Convert XML into Perl's list-of-hashes type
- VRML - How to create 3D models viewable in a VRML browser.
- HTML::Template - Create HTML or other types of text from
list-of-hashes type data structures. As powerful as JSP but simpler.
- Test::Harness - How to write unit tests in Perl.
- Getopt::Declare - Flexible easy command-line options in Perl.
- Parse::RecDescent - Invent your own programming language in Perl.
* Talk about something interesting from one of the Perl books out
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
POST TO: spug-list at pm.org PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org
Subscriptions; Email to majordomo at pm.org: ACTION LIST EMAIL
Replace ACTION by subscribe or unsubscribe, EMAIL by your Email-address
For daily traffic, use spug-list for LIST ; for weekly, spug-list-digest
Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Home Page: http://www.halcyon.com/spug/
More information about the spug-list